Why SHE. ? (SHE. has equality)
I have been thinking about this question a lot, possibly too long. I can come up with so many reasons why, the real reason is, WHY NOT????
My Big Plans
- I want to join women from all over the world in a combined effort to making a difference.
- I want to be a strong role model /mentor for my daughter, showing her that it is possible to overcome your difficulties, live your truths and embrace your life.
- I want to share my love and teach people the amazing things I have learned in my life so far.
- I want to show the women around me I can rise up, be engaging and find success, doing what I love.
- I want to show others it is possible to create an empire based on conscious capitalism, while helping people in the process.
- I want to make my grandmother proud by continuing her fight towards equality.
- I want to leave a legacy for the generations after me.
- I believe that I can do anything I work hard enough for.
- I love to be creative.
- I will design a kick ass line of clothing, that excites people, inspires communities and innovates fashion.
A World Full of Nots
We live in a world where we are constantly receiving messages telling us we aren’t enough the way we are. We follow suit by telling ourselves we aren’t enough. I hear it in my own head, each and every day. I lived it building this website, lol.
Believe me, it takes work to put those little voices in their place. I simply tell them, “so sorry you think I can’t, BUT I’m a “Cana-di-Can”, not a “Cana-di-can’t”!!! SO shut it, I am going to do it and I’m going to kill it.” Then I proceed to act the way I want to feel and keep going.
Whenever the Itty Bitty Shitty Committee tells me I should stop, Or I can’t do it, Or I’m not enough, I tell them to “take a seat, I am doing it anyway.”
If you have something incredible to offer, you must believe that by not taking action, you are keeping your unique gifts away from the world. It is a disservice to society not to live your passions.
Finding your Inspiration
We are born with a blank canvass, grounded in the moment, as we know nothing else, we enjoy each new thing to the fullest.
Watch children……. They hear music, they dance. They see a playground, they want to play. They see animals, and laugh. They see happy people and smile. They love without hesitation.
We should all be doing what we love. We should be doing what excites us, what inspires us, what makes us feel free.
This is what I love. I have been more jazzed up about this project that anything else in a very long time. And I am the most jazzed to be finally sharing it with all of you!!!
So again, Why SHE.?
- Because Angela and I want to show our daughters that anything is possible.
- Because we believe that everyone should do things that inspire them, fill their days with passion, and allow them to give with all their hearts
- Because we believe given our privilege, we should help as many people as possible.
- Because we believe people should live by faith and not fear.
Because we want to be strong role models for the girls around us. We want to show them that with dedication and perseverance, you can make a difference.
And Most of all
- Because we believe that equality is the key to creating an inclusive and empowering future for all women on earth.
I have been trying to write these blogs for so long that I get all caught up in the writing, how I sound and whether I’m speaking properly. But guess what, this is it. This is me. Angela and I want to create a place to share ideas, encourage one another and strive for more.
SHE. is coming. Can you feel it?? We would love for you to be a part of it with us. Join our email list for more love and fun things from SHE.